October 23rd – 25th, 2014
Florida International University, Miami, FL
Conference Theme: Sustainability, Institutions and Emerging Markets
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2014
The 2014 Annual Meeting of the Academy of International Business Southeast USA Chapter (AIB-SE, aibse.org) will be held at the Hotel Conrad and FIU Brickell in Miami, FL on October 23 – 25, 2014, hosted by Florida International University.
We invite scholars, graduate and undergraduate students, as well as business practitioners to submit papers and panels addressing all international business topics. Of particular interest are papers addressing the conference theme, which aims at focusing on issues facing emerging markets regarding sustainable innovation and institutions leading to sustainable development, and brings out differences and similarities between emerging and developed world economies.
Go AIB Southeast!
AIB-SE is the largest and most active regional chapter of the Academy of International Business’s 16 worldwide chapters. In recent years, the conference has grown and has been attracting almost 300 participants from all corners of the world.
AIB-SE’s annual conference centers on the presentation of the newest ideas in international business to an international audience of academic scholars and business practitioners. The conference is characterized by a strong developmental focus, providing participants with a supportive and collegial platform to discuss and develop ideas, and helping authors enhance their papers for publication.
Top Reasons to Attend AIB-SE in Miami!
- Professional Development! – AIB-SE has a strong developmental focus, which includes what many has called “superior conference reviewer comments” and the opportunity to interact and network with academic scholars, business practitioners, and peers from around the world.
- Publish so you don’t perish! – The best conference papers will be invited for submission to AIB-SE’s own journal, International Business: Research, Teaching and Practice and to a special issue of the International Journal of Emerging Markets (published by Emerald). All accepted conference papers will be published as an abstract in the 2014 AIB-SE Conference Proceedings.
- Miami! In late October, the temperature is typically in the mid-80s (25-30 C) and the water temperature in the ocean will be around 80 F (27 C). In addition to the beautiful beaches and comfortable water, Miami is a hub of international business activities, with a particular focus on Latin America. Miami is at the center of U.S.-Cuban relations and over 1,000 MNEs have their regional HQ for Latin America in South Florida.
- Make a Difference! – Emerging markets have served as engines of growth in recent years and it has been a central focus of the AIB-SE conference. To further extend insights in this area, this year’s conference focuses particularly on the sustainability dimension of economic growth and organizational behavior. Focused sessions, special panels, and a keynote address by renowned sustainability scholar, Dr. Andrew Spicer of University of South Carolina, will highlight the conference.
- Top Scholars of the Future!
- Doctoral Student Consortium – Heralded as “one of the best” Ph.D. student consortiums, we invite aspiring IB scholars to participate in the AIB-SE doctoral consortium. Develop relationships with your peers, network and learn from some of the leading lights in the field, and get feedback on your research. The developmental session with senior faculty will provide doctoral students the opportunity to enhance their scholarly work in preparation for publication and an academic career.
- Undergraduate/Graduate Student Researchers – As one of the few academic conferences, AIB-SE integrates scholarships and presentations by senior academic scholars with high-level student scholarships. The conference will feature special sessions showcasing student research. In addition.
- X-Culture has emerged as a leading experiential learning project through the collaborative effort of international business educators from around the world. At AIB-SE, we invite students to serve on a global team as student consultants to a major multinational company. Last year, X-Culture at AIB-SE provided students the opportunity to experience international collaboration and cross-cultural communication while helping Home Depot develop its online marketing strategy!
- Conference Awards
- Best Conference Paper Award
- Best Thematic Conference Paper Award
- William J. Ziegler Best Doctoral Student Paper Award
- Undergraduate/Graduate Student Paper Awards
- Best Conference Reviewer and Best Student Reviewer Awards
- Fun in the Sun! – Develop friendships and collaborative opportunities with your fellow colleagues at the welcome reception, gala dinner, and field visits to Miami’s leading multinational corporations.
We look forward to seeing you in Miami in October!
Peter Magnusson, Ph.D.
2014 Conference Chair & AIB-SE Vice Chair
Florida International University – College of Business
Anshu Arora, Ph.D.
2014 Academic Program Chair
Savannah State University
Sumit Kundu, Ph.D.
Local Host & Conference Co-Chair
Florida International Univeristy