Greetings AIB US Southeast Conference Attendees;
We are less than three weeks away from our conference on the cruise ship Brilliance of the Seas. In preparation for the conference please read the following and then contact me directly with any questions.
1). Cruise Ticketing—You should have received your Royal Caribbean Invoice BOOKING CONFIRMATION with your reservation number. The invoice is not your ticket, but contains a detailed set of instructions on how to CHECK IN and print your SETSAILPASS. Complete directions are online. The link is provided in your Booking confirmation. YOU NEED TO CHECK IN AND PRINT YOUR SETSAILPASS THREE DAYS PRIOR TO THE CRUISE. Please direct all questions regarding this process to Ailene Sorice at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2) BOARDING — Plan to arrive at the Port of Tampa Cruise Terminal 3 by no later than 1:30 on Thursday for boarding. Boarding the ship is like boarding a plane, you will need to drop your luggage with the cruise baggage drop, and then proceed through check-in that includes identification, and security scanning etc. You should bring a carry-on with any items you need immediately on the cruise as your luggage will not immediately arrive at your stateroom. It will arrive later in the day. You are allowed to board as early as 11:00 if you would like to begin enjoying your cruise amenities.
3) WIFI!!! In order to get the most out of the survey methodology workshops and the conference we are providing everyone registered for the conference with one VOOM Wifi code good for the duration of the cruise. If you would like additional codes (for additional devices or guests who are not registered for the conference ) you can purchase the VOOM plans for wifi prior to the cruise.
4) RECEPTIONS –We will be holding two receptions at the conference, the Welcome Reception on Thursday and the Awards Reception/Gala on Sunday. Everyone including your guests are welcome to attend the receptions. At these receptions there will be complimentary alcohol served. There are beverage packages available for purchase on the cruise for those who would like to pre-purchase beverage packages, but you can also pay per drink on the cruise.
5) HOTEL SHUTTLE – The Barrymore hotel has a free shuttle to the port of Tampa. Since there will be so many of us needing the shuttle Thursday morning we suggest you arrange the time for your shuttle when you check in to the hotel so they can plan for the volume.
6) CONFERENCE PROGRAM– We are sending the conference program to print soon. The draft is available online and you can verify your name and affiliation is correct and let us know of any corrections. Please also check of if you have any conflicts where you are presenting in two sessions at the same time as we know you cannot be two places at once.
7) COZUMEL – We have left Saturdays plans up to you. There are no official conference activities taking place on Saturday. So if you would like to go on a tour or head to the beach you will need to arrange that for yourself and your guests. Royal Caribbean has a number of tours they run, and there are also other tour operators you can work with. You can also exit the ship and arrange your own day. Please make sure you are back on the ship prior to departure.
8) MEAL TIMES– Just a reminder that we have arranged reserved tables for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner during the conference for you, But you are welcome to make your own arrangements if you would like to experience the specialty restaurants on the cruise ship. It is highly recommended that you make reservations at the restaurant before you board the cruise ship. You can do so in your online cruise planner where you check in for your setsailpass.
9) SESSION CHAIRS – You will need to arrange for someone in your session to provide a laptop to connect to the projection system as the ship does not provide them. Please either bring a laptop to the session or make sure that someone in your session will do so.
10) Survey Methodology Workshop – For those planning to attend the survey methodology workshops, this is on a space available basis. We have several options during the conference where we have scheduled the workshop sessions but they are limited seating, first come, first served. You will want to bring your laptop to fully benefit from the workshop as it will be interactive and you will be working directly in Qualtrics. We have provided you with a WIFI device code to allow you to log in online during the workshop.
Please let me know if you have further questions, and
We will see you in Tampa!
Susan Forquer Gupta, Ph.D.
AIB US Southeast 2016 Conference Chair www.aibse.org
Leon Hess Business School
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Phone: (732) 571-3639
Email: email@example.com+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Greetings Friends of AIBSE!
With the spring weather now upon us, we are happy to begin the official paper/panel submission process for our 2016 conference traveling on the cruise ship “Brilliance of the Seas” from Tampa to Cozumel Nov. 10-14, 2016. Since this is a rather unique venue we want to make sure all your questions are answered and will do what we can to provide you with detailed information. This is the first in a series of informative Announcements regarding the conference. Subsequent Announcements will provide information on conference activities. Please use the menu to access more detailed information on the conference and cruise venue.
1). SUBMIT A PAPER/PANEL TO THE CONFERENCE: The deadline for Submissions to the 2016 Conference is
June 1, 2016. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY JUNE 6, 2016 Submissions must be made through the online submission system following the submission instructions provided on our website. We do not have a specific student track this year, but their papers are welcome at the conference. Undergraduate and Masters level students should submit their papers to the regular tracks according to the topic that is the best fit for their paper. Submitting authors will receive a decision on their paper by July 5th.
Due to the cruise venue and deadlines we must meet for that contract, all deadlines for the conference (submission, reviews, acceptance decisions, consortia application, conference registration, reservation of accommodations) are earlier than previous years. We have pushed the deadlines as late as possible in the cycle because we know this impacts you directly. DUE TO REQUESTS AND THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND IN THE U.S. WE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE UNTIL JUNE 6, 2016. We must be able to provide authors acceptance decisions prior to the deadline for making reservations on the cruise. Please keep this in mind as you plan your submission for the conference.
2).REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE: You will need to register for the conference through our online registration system, Early registration runs until July 20, 2016. All papers must have at least one officially registered author, and all panelists must be registered for the conference by August 15, or your paper will be removed from the program. All conference participants will have to be registered for the conference and wear their conference badge to attend any conference sessions. Any non-conference guest you are bringing on the cruise does not have to register for the conference unless they plan to attend sessions. HOWEVER, your guest(s) are welcome to attend the welcome reception (Thursday evening) without registering for the conference.
3). RESERVE YOUR STATEROOM ON THE CRUISE: You will need to make your reservation for a stateroom on the cruise by the August 15, 2016 deadline. Earlier reservations will receive priority in the assignment of staterooms on the cruise, room types are limited. Normally you would need to book a hotel to attend the conference; the cruise ship is your conference hotel this year. Cruise reservations are priced per person and therefore you will need to share your stateroom with another conference attendee or guest or pay double the rate for a single. Yes, your family or friends are welcome on the cruise and will receive our conference cruise discounted per person rate (please note: quoted rate includes all taxes and fees as well as gratuities) if they reserve through the AIBSE cruise reservation system. Any special requests you may have regarding your accommodations can be made either through the reservation form or by contacting our cruise consultant George Gehl. Please make sure you indicate you are with the AIBSE November 10thcruise. George is your contact for all issues or questions regarding the Cruise accommodations, food, and cruise activities. Once your reservation is official you will be able to make reservations for various activities and/or purchase soda/alcohol beverage packages. You can also book tours for the Saturday we are in Cozumel.
4) REVIEWING FOR THE CONFERENCE. Submitting authors will automatically be signed up as reviewers for the conference. But we need many more quality reviewers for a successful conference. Those of you who will not be joining us at the conference this year are strongly encouraged to support the conference by reviewing papers. You will need to sign up as a reviewer for the conference through the submission system by June 1, 2016. We need reviews for the conference papers to not only make a decision regarding acceptance into sessions but also to provide high quality feedback to the author so they can improve their work. This is an important role at the conference and we recognize it by listing all reviewers for the conference in the program and proceedings, and will choose the top reviewers in each track as well as award the best reviewer for the conference. If you would like to be among the best reviewers and have a chance to win ‘best reviewer” of the conference you need to provide an in-depth and detailed review with suggested solutions to criticisms or weaknesses in the paper. All reviews are due by the June 24thdeadline so we can notify all authors by July 5th regarding our acceptance decisions.