AIB US Southeast 2016 Conference Submission
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION —
JUNE 1, 2016EXTENDED TO MONDAY JUNE 6, 2016
Due to the cruise venue and deadlines for reservations we will not be able to extend this submission deadline. The review process requires time and we must provide decisions to authors prior to the reservation deadline.
Please read and follow all submission instructions. All submissions will be handled through the online submission system.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PAPER CLICK THIS AIB-SE ONLINE SUBMISSION SYSTEM LINK
All manuscripts and proposals must be submitted by
June 1, 2016 JUNE 6, 2016-please note: due to the cruise venue and deadlines for cruise registration, there will not be any ADDITIONAL extension of the paper submission deadline for the conference.
For up-to-date information about the conference and related events, please access the conference website at http://www.aibse.org/. Any questions regarding the 2016 Call for Papers or submission of papers should be addressed the appropriate Track Chairs or the Program Chair.
There are three types of sessions:
- Competitive Sessions– Submissions of fully developed papers are appropriate for consideration for competitive sessions. Competitive sessions are held in a formal presentation style format. Competitive papers must be fewer than 10,000 words inclusive of all materials, including appendices and references. If a paper is not accepted as a competitive session, it will automatically be considered for an interactive session.
- Interactive Sessions–Shorter manuscripts or work-in-progress pieces which could benefit from informal feedback from other participants are appropriate for submission to the interactive sessions. These sessions are held in roundtable discussion format that allows for interaction with other researchers with similar interests. Interactive papers should be limited to no more than 5,000 words. Applications to the doctoral consortium and the New Faculty consortium should be submitted as interactive sessions.
Please note that submitting a manuscript as a competitive paper does not necessarily mean it will end up in a competitive session. The best papers in each track will be placed into the competitive sessions while lesser developed papers will be placed in interactive sessions. The number of competitive papers we can accept for the conference is limited and therefore sometimes fully developed papers will be placed in an interactive format session due to space considerations.
- Special Topic/Panel Sessions– We invite special topic/panel sessions, which can be in a variety of formats.Proposals for special sessions should describe the topic, session format, and its importance to international business research or education and identify all individuals (with their qualifications) who will formally participate. Panel proposals should be limited to no more than 5,000 words. Selection of special topics/ panel sessions will be limited and according to the quality of the panel, and currency of the topic. The panel sessions are also used for new topics that are important in the current IB environment where in-depth research is yet to be conducted. Please include in the panel description the contact information for all panelists in the session.
All submissions must conform to the following guidelines:
- The document must be stripped of all identifying information: Do not include a cover page.The‘File Properties’ for the documents should be cleaned to remove identifying information.
- Each manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract, not to exceed 200 words. Please note that your abstract will appear in the proceedings exactly how you have submitted it, so please check for typos etc.
- Submissions must be formatted as follows: Letter sized page (8.5″x11″ or 216×279 mm), with one-inch (2.5 cm) margins, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 point font.
- The manuscript should preferably be saved in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format to ensure that reviewers see it in the intended way. However, Microsoft Word files will also be accepted. Please ensure all files are checked for viruses using updated anti-virus software before submission. Free virus scanners are available at TrendMicro and BitDefender.
- Submit the manuscript to the most appropriate track for the paper/panel topic.
Authors will be sent an automatic e-mail confirmation message upon successful uploading of their paper on the website acknowledging receipt of their submission. If you do not receive an acknowledgment within 24 hours of submitting your manuscript or proposal, please contact Program Chair Jeff Kappen, or Conference Chair Susan Gupta.
All manuscript submissions will be subject to a blind review process and will be evaluated based on interest to AIB-SE members, relevance to IB research, teaching and/or practice, analytical and conceptual rigor, quantitative and qualitative methods (if applicable), innovativeness, and significance of conclusions. Panel proposals will be evaluated based on interest to AIB members, relevance to IB research, teaching and/or practice, quality, innovativeness, fit with conference theme, and diversity of participants